Monday, March 21, 2011

Bring on the Miles!

Well, I did it! I completed a 15 mile run – the longest so far in all of my training. I’m now on week 11 of the 18-week training program!  This week I run four miles Tuesday, eight miles Wednesday, four miles again Thursday, and 16 miles on the weekend.  I have decided to add at least two days of high intensity body weight interval training (www.bodyrock.tv) into my training schedule.  I made this decision for two reasons.  The first is that I’ve noticed a lot of muscle loss after stopping four days a week of this high intensity body weight interval training (I stopped because of the increase in my running.)  This muscle loss often leads to injury in distance runners.  Second, my friend Kelly and I made an agreement that we will each do at least two of these workouts each week.  They are quick, hard, effective and great for men and women!  I did my first one tonight, it was a 12 minute full body workout.  A friend joined me tonight and hopefully more will join when we do our next one on Thursday night. 

On another note, I sent out a few e-mails for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day Breast Cancer Walk.  I received 3 donations from family!  I am so lucky and grateful to have such fantastic family and friends that encourage and support me in everything I do!  My 3-Day Profile


SK

P.S. If you go to bodyrock.tv you'll need this site too http://www.speedbagforum.com/timer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment